TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2004-04 > 1082471723

From: Terry Reigel <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] importing
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 10:35:23 -0400

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 09:27:32 -0400, {USER_FIRSTNAME} {USER_LASTNAME}
wrote:
> I have
> looked for, but can not find, a "Register Report" that is
> in most other genealogy programs which shows all of the
> information on a person, or group of persons in a text
> file.

The report is called "Journal" in TMG, and under options you have the
ability to use the Register style or two others, or a custom style.
You can also choose to create an ancestors or descendants report
there. Other options allow you to specify which tags are included and
much more.

> As a second issue, I thought creating and importing a GED
> file might give a more usable file but when I try, I get
> the message the ged file I am trying to import is
> "locked".

I can only guess that this means it's currently being used by another
program. Is that possible?

Terry Reigel

This thread: