TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2004-04 > 1082637291

From: <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] TMG 5.12 Duplicate Sources
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 13:34:51 +0100

Hello,
When I click on Tools - Master Source List, sources appears twice. For
example, for the birth certificate of my Grandmother, I see:
Abbreviation Source Number
BC KERRIGAN Anne 1:99
BC KERRIGAN Anne 1:287

The Source Definition behind each of these is exactly the same.

In the Detail screen for Anne Kerrigan, I double click on the Birth Tag.
The Tag Entry screen shows one citation, the birth certificate for Anne
Kerrigan. I double click on this citation. The citation details are
displayed, with the source listed as 1:99 BC KERRIGAN Anne. I click on the
binoculars next to the source listed. The Master Source list is displayed,
with the two entries for Anne Kerrigan at the top. They are numbered 1:99
and 1:287. The details behind each are identical.

The report List of Sources also shows duplicates

As far as I am aware, these duplicates did not exist before updating to
5.12. It is possible that I may have entered some sources twice but not the
large number that are duplicated now. Not every source is duplicated but I
cannot see a pattern in what is duplicated and what is not.

It is also possible that the duplicates result from a merge I did some time
ago. I have not noticed this before but I have not been doing much in TMG
lately - busy with other things.

Regards