TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2004-04 > 1082881583

From: Robin Lamacraft <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Wholly Genes chat
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 17:56:23 +0930

Reg,

I know my own time offset from GMT (+9:30 Winter) but the site you referred
to doesn't know about Eastern Time (US I presume) so is it -4:00 -5:00 or
-6:00 from GMT - the site only describes US time by state not by the time
zone name as used locally. This makes the point that it is very hard for a
person from somewhere else to know when a time is quoted in local time zone
notation without reference to the world time origin at GMT/UTC.

RobinL