TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2004-04 > 1082932008

From: "Dx Hansen" <>
Subject: RE: [TMG] Backups (5.12)
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 17:26:48 -0500

Carol,

I got the exact same "Input file read failures" message last night when I
was backing up - but then I discovered that I didn't have media loaded in
the drive I was trying to back on to. The error message was misleading and
unhelpful ("hey you idiot, put the disk in the drive" would have made more
sense)... but the solution turned out to be simple.

Doesn't solve your problem except it offers the suggestion that you look
beyond the message and double-check to make sure that your data key
connection and space available is sufficient.

Dixie Hansen