TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2004-04 > 1082948205

From: Terry Reigel <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Backup/restore problem: layouts
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 22:56:45 -0400

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 20:11:59 -0400, Jim Byram wrote:
> Dick,
>

>> I did a complete restore of all of my laptop software,
>> including TMG5. I restored from a backup made with
>> 5.12. As expected, the layout file I have
>> been using was restored, but it was not used on the
>> screen nor available using the drop-down list on the
>> toolbar until I closed and re-opened TMG.
>
> Not sure that I understand. I backed up and restored the
> layout currently in use. Nothing changed. The current
> layout file was overwritten. My display was still using
> the same layout. It shows in the layout field. It's in
> the list.

Jim,

I've seen this, in another context. You place a layout in the
appropriate folder, but it's not read until you restart TMG. Thus it's
not available on the drop down list of layouts until you close and
re-open the program. I did it manually, but I'd expect the same thing
if you place it there with a restore.

Terry

This thread: