TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2004-04 > 1082953156

From: Lee Hoffman <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Extract to New Project
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 00:22:17 -0400

Sandy Clunies wrote:
>I want to extract person #199 and all his descendants and all their
>spouses to form another dataset or project
---clipped---
> I set #199 as single filter and then checked boxes for both
>spouses and descendants, I get all the desc. but only the spouse of #199.

The Spouses and Descendants check box applies to the person(s) who satisfy
the filter above the check boxes. In this case #199, so what you get is
#199's spouse(s) and only that person's descendants.

>What filter terms do I need to get ALL the spouses of ALL the desc.? There
>are about 3500 direct desc. with 1500 spouses.

You need a filter like:

ID Number Equals 199 OR
Is a Descendant of Person Number 199 END
and check the Include Spouses option.

This way the Spouses check box will apply not only to #199 but their
descendants as well.

Hope this helps -

Lee Hoffman/KY
TMG Tips: <http://www.tmgtips.com>;