TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2004-04 > 1082960953

From: "Jim Byram" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Re: TMG Backup, 5.12
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 02:29:13 -0400

Ronald Womack wrote:

> I am attempting to move updated data from a desktop computer to my laptop.
A backup was made prior to the update to 5.12 on both with same data in
both. The drives on both are set to backup on drive A. The procedure
followed in the restoration attempt and the error message are shown below.

> "Input Read Failures - This error occurs when a file read operation is
performed on a ZIP file that is locked or restricted by another process.
Pleas check the destination drive."

Is Drive A the default backup path in Preferences? If not, make it so.
File / Preferences / Current Project Options / Advances / Backups

I don't know the reason for the error message but the solution is to copy
the backup from the floppy to a temporary folder on your notebook hard drive
and restore from there.

Jim

This thread: