TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2004-04 > 1083177997

From: "Fran Anderson" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Endnotes
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 11:46:37 -0700

Lori, I can see that your first "unknown detail" comes from [RECORD TYPE]
with apparently nothing filled in for it and no angle brackets around it.
Either move "population schelude" from the sentence to Record Type, remove
[Record Type] from the sentence, or put angle brackets around it thus:
<[RECORD TYPE]>.

I use one source per county per year, which makes it a bit simpler. I put
"U. S. Census, Population Schedule" in Record Type, the film number in Film
(listing more than one film number when there were several films for the one
county), county name and state names in the Location, and the year in Date.

My full footnote is: <[CD2] household, ><[DATE]> [RECORD TYPE], [LOCATION],
<[CD1], ><[REPOSITORY]> <micropublication [FILM]>< ([CD3])>.

Short footnote: [DATE] U.S. census, [LOCATION]<, [CD1]>.

Bibliography: [LOCATION].< [DATE]> [RECORD TYPE]<. Micropublication [FILM]>.
<[REPOSITORY].>

A typical CD looks like this:
6th Precinct, p. 78, family 55||Edwin A Crosby||Heritage Quest online 24 Mar
2004, 1910WACrosbyE.pdf

This would yield a full footnote:
Edwin A Crosby household, 1910 U.S. Census, Population Schedule, King
County, Washington, 6th Precinct, p. 78, family 55, National Archives and
Records Administration micropublication T624, rolls 1657-1662 (Heritage
Quest online 24 Mar 2004, 1910WACrosbyE.pdf).

The short footnote would be: 1910 U.S. census, King County, Washington, 6th
Precinct, p. 78, family 55.

The bibliography would be:
King County, Washington. 1910 U.S. Census, Population Schedule.
Micropublication T624, rolls 1657-1662. National Archives and Records
Administration.

Just another way to do things in TMG!

Fran Anderson
Olympia, Washington, USA