TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2004-04 > 1083192635

From: Don Montague <>
Subject: Importing to 5.12. from Generations : Master Source List Freezing
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 00:50:35 +0200

At 20:53 28/04/04, Evelyn kindly wrote:
>I hope you find the answer, Don. I have the same problem, but mine did not
>start on import. It started when I updated to version 5.10. I thought it
>would straighten itself out when I updated to version 5.12. Instead it
>only got worse.
>Someone on this list told me to close TMG, open my project in My Computer,
>find all files ending in CDX and delete them. I have not had the nerve to
>try it yet. If you try it and it works let me know.

I have tried it, and it does work, for a while, but you have to wait for a
while until the whole Master Place List window appears, and then each edit
seems to take an age waiting for the previous edit to be
absorbed/processed. As soon as one tinkers with the Master Style or
anything else affecting the Master Place list from outside, the same
problem seems to come back.

> There was discussion of the this problem on the list the latter part of
> last week.

Thanks for the tip, I'll have a look in the archived Digests
And thanks also for the suggestion
Don

This thread: