TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2004-04 > 1083328602

From: Terry Reigel <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] No endnotes or cumultive biography empty in Book manager
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 08:36:42 -0400

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 23:08:26 -0500, DEBBIE JORGENSON wrote:
> I have used book manager to create several reports,
> including one descendant journal and two ancestor
> journals on different individuals. I receive error
> messages that the cumulative biography is empty and there
> are no endnotes. What am I doing wrong?

You either don't have endnotes and bibliography turned on, or, more
likely, you are sending the reports to file. When you "print" a report
to a word processor file, the codes for the endnotes and the
bibliography are included in the file, not accumulated.

> Second question is how do I go about creating one table
> of contents and index for the various reports created by
> the book manager (combine the various reports generated)?

I assume you are sending the reports to a word processor file, as
these functions are not available if you don't. To create a single ToC
or Index, you need to combine all the reports in the word processor
into a single document. (I would do that by opening both the first and
second report, selecting everything in the second - use Ctrl-A - then
copy that and paste it in the first; repeat for each additional
report). Once you have combined the files, create the ToC and Index in
the word processor. It uses the codes inserted by TMG to do that.

Terry Reigel

This thread: