TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2004-04 > 1083335033

From: "William M Roberts" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] WISH LIST
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 10:23:53 -0400

Bill

This has been addressed already. There is an option at "File > Preferences >
Program Options > Other" to select "Allow multiple monitors" If this is not
selected the windows will not open outside of the viewing area of a single
monitor. If you select this option you are on your own.

From the TMG Help files:

Allow multiple monitors

When this is not checked, window positions are corrected if they are off the
visible screen. When checked, the windows can spread across multiple
monitors.

Wholly Genes, Inc.

Myrnice

"Bill Taylor" wrote on Thursday, April 29, 2004 8:12 PM
Subject: [TMG] WISH LIST

> Placement of windows within the TMG window should be calculated dependent
upon
> the upper-left corner being 0,0 and the lower-right corner being the
maximum
> as determined by the USER. All 'opening' windows should then be calculated
on
> those maximums. Opening a report places the window centered at times
outside
> the limits of the visible window. I noticed that there is an option under
the
> Windows menu which centers the current window. BUT, if the window is
outside
> the visibility of the user, it is possible that this correction will NEVER
be
> thought of. When opening a window with a x,y within a frame of
HORmin,VERmin
> HORmax,VERmax would keep the windows at least visible.
>
> I have an earlier request for help based upon the window opening outside
the
> visible area. When the window opens most of the menu items are grayed out.
Not
> knowing that the window might be outside the visible range of the parent
> window caused me to think that the menu grayout under earlier versions
back.

This thread: