TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2004-04 > 1083335033

From: "William M Roberts" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] WISH LIST
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 10:23:53 -0400

This has been addressed already. There is an option at "File > Preferences >
Program Options > Other" to select "Allow multiple monitors" If this is not
selected the windows will not open outside of the viewing area of a single
monitor. If you select this option you are on your own.

From the TMG Help files:

Allow multiple monitors

When this is not checked, window positions are corrected if they are off the
visible screen. When checked, the windows can spread across multiple

Wholly Genes, Inc.

"Bill Taylor" wrote on Thursday, April 29, 2004 8:12 PM
Subject: [TMG] WISH LIST

> Placement of windows within the TMG window should be calculated dependent
> the upper-left corner being 0,0 and the lower-right corner being the
> as determined by the USER. All 'opening' windows should then be calculated
> those maximums. Opening a report places the window centered at times
> the limits of the visible window. I noticed that there is an option under
> Windows menu which centers the current window. BUT, if the window is
> the visibility of the user, it is possible that this correction will NEVER
> thought of. When opening a window with a x,y within a frame of
> HORmax,VERmax would keep the windows at least visible.
> I have an earlier request for help based upon the window opening outside
> visible area. When the window opens most of the menu items are grayed out.
> knowing that the window might be outside the visible range of the parent
> window caused me to think that the menu grayout under earlier versions

This thread: