TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2004-04 > 1083375127

Subject: Re: [TMG] Copying of tags - posible?
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 21:32:07 EDT

In a message dated 4/30/2004 6:15:43 PM Pacific Standard Time,
writes:
Patt,
You can create a large number of tags all at once using John's utility. I
did that to create census tags and assigned a role called Incomplete Data.
Now when I need to see who I still need census tags for I just search for
that role.
******
That would take longer for my use. e.g. I have a family in a census and 4 of
the children attended school. I create a tag for one of them and then make 3
copies and change the ID number.

Another example I have a biography that says someone was a representative in
5 differnt years. I add the tag once and make the tag a nonprint role then
copy it and change the years as appropriate. One of the copies I make cover the
years involved for printing in reports. This way I can have it print nicely in
reports but I still can see the progression in his life. (representative is a
good example because I type fast its one of the words I mistype and by getting
the 1st one right I don't have to worry about the copies <g>)

Patt

This thread: