TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2004-05 > 1083955494

From: Kerry Davis <>
Subject: OT-Old Photos & Docs
Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 11:44:54 -0700

I've been going through scads of boxes of old photos and papers, sorting
them out, trying to identify people, scanning many to put up as exhibits
in TMG, and so forth. I seem to have become the family respository for
old photos. I'm sure you're all as innundated with photos as I am, or
even more so perhaps, and my question is: has anyone come up with a good
system for storing these old, fading and often brittle things other than
boxing them in archival boxes by family and year? Some of them have made
it for well over 100 years and I'd like to try to preserve them a bit
longer if possible.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Kerry

Kerry Davis