TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2004-05 > 1084556728

From: "Paul E. Lawrence" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Where did this sentence come from
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 12:45:28 -0500

At 01:07 PM 5/14/2004 -0400, Jim Byram wrote:
> > "There were no children of William Dale Sholder and
> > Caroline Mary Jackson."
> >
> > Is that true? I have no tags established to indicate
> > that they have no children.
>It really means that you have no data entered to show that they do have
>children. This sentence has seen much discussion (aka grousing <g>) over the

Additional using Custom format you can select an option on the
Miscellaneous tab which will cause the sentence to read "no known
children" (and if children it will read "known children of x and y are..."
....see Children are "known children" on the Miscellaneous tab....

Paul E. Lawrence

My Lawrence Genealogy web page is located at the following URL:

User of The Master Genealogist (TMG)

Member of the Roots User Group of Arlington, VA:

This thread: