TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2004-05 > 1085459926

From: "William M Roberts" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] random wishlist items
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 00:38:46 -0400

Carol

If an individual was married several times, which parent in law would you
use?

The last viewed spouse on the Family or Tree View is the one that shows up
in the window.

Myrnice

"Carol Hall" wrote on Monday, May 24, 2004 3:37 PM
Subject: [TMG] random wishlist items

> I've been keeping a little file with wishes as they come up. Here's some
of them:

> I'd like another window available that would include parents-in-law. You
can see the children-in-law in the Children window and the siblings-in-law
in the siblings window, and I'd love to have something where I could see the
parents-in-law.

> In the children and sibling windows, I would like to be able to choose
which spouse shows in the window or (better yet) somehow have all spouses
show for each child/sibling. At present, only the last one entered shows.

> Consistency with the way the "old style" dates are printed. I don't really
care how they're printed, but I'd like them to be the same. Right now they
print out like 1698/99 for most years, but 1699/0 and 1700/1 if there is a 0
in the "decade" place. I have to manually add zeroes to reports in order to
maintain consistency -- 1698/99, 1699/00, 1700/01. I wouldn't mind if it was
1698/9. I think two digits look better, but if that's what's needed, it
would be okay.

> Another plug for using the same formatting characters for the compressed
pedigree chart in ASCII text, with and without linefeeds. Even better would
be configurable formatting characters, but I won't go crazy with my
requests.