TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2004-06 > 1086354543

From: bob gillis <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Two questions about tag entry (revised)
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 09:10:53 -0400

JSD wrote:

> I have been entering great gobs of census data lately, using
> 'Census' tags, and two issues have come up with which I am hoping
> the gurus of this list might help.
>
> (1) Whenever I add a Census tag, it is by default designated
> 'primary' by TMG. Is there any way to turn off this behavior? I
> don't want any of my census tags to be 'primary', and it is a
> tiresome additional step to remove the primary designation each
> time. Or is there any other way to make bulk changes to the primary
> designation for a particular tag type?
> I should have written: (changes in [])

The first Tag of a particular kind such as Census is made primary. This
feature is an old one based on mainly on limited reporting options in
previous versions. Today there are a number of ways to select which
Tags print in reports and charts. Usually primary can be ignored [in
Other Event Tags], IMO. [In Relationship and Name Tags primary is
important.]

So, why do you not want a Census Tag to be primary? And are you using a
[different] Census Tag for each Census year?

bob gillis

ps, JD, you have you e-mail address in your Outlook Reply To. This
causes the list replies to go to you instead of to the list.