TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2004-06 > 1086356164

From: Terry Reigel <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Two questions about tag entry
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 09:36:04 -0400

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 15:00:16 -0700, JSD wrote:

> (1) Whenever I add a Census tag, it is by default
> designated 'primary' by TMG. Is there any way to turn
> off this behavior? I don't want any of my census tags to
> be 'primary', and it is a tiresome additional step to
> remove the primary designation each time.

Why do you not want them to be primary? If it's because you are using
the Primary mark to control printing, don't - it's not a good way to
do that. See my article on the subject at
http://tmg.reigelridge.com/Primary.htm for details. If it's something
else, tell us the issue and maybe we can offer a suggestion.

> Or is there
> any other way to make bulk changes to the primary
> designation for a particular tag type?

Not that I know of.

> (2) I am typing a long transcription of the census entry
> into the tag memo field, I reach for the Tab key and
> inadvertently hit the Esc key instead. All the newer
> text I have entered in the memo field, since the last
> time that tag was saved, then disappears. A message box
> pops asking "Are you sure that you want to lose the
> changes to this screen?" ... if I answer "No", the tag
> screen stays open but my lost text is not recovered. If
> I answer "Yes" then the tag entry screen closes and the
> text is also lost. Is this an intended behavior?

I see that this happens not only with the Memo field, but actually
with any field. I don't know if it's intended, but I'll report it.

Terry Reigel

This thread: