TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2004-06 > 1086705780

From: Walt <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Wish list item
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 10:43:00 -0400

At 07:02 AM 8/06/2004, wrote:
>4 - if you are using an old version of Windows - like WindowsMe or 98 -
>consider upgrading.

Virginia

I'm skeptical about upgrading the operating system to XP. My doubts are not
about the operating system (I'm sure that XP is a superb operating system)
but about memory constraints.

Both Windows XP and TMG 5 like a lot of memory. My recommendation would be
that you figure on 1 to 1.5 gigabytes of memory to run TMG 5 under XP. A
computer which you are upgrading to XP will in most cases take a maximum of
512 MB (that is, half a gigabyte).

I'm sure that it is possible to run TMG 5 under XP on less memory than I
suggest but I feel strongly that it would be happier and run faster with
this amount of memory. With a maximum of 512 MB it would be better to use
Win 98 (or Win ME if that is the operating system that came installed on
your computer).

Have any of you had experience that says I am wrong about this?

Walt

This thread: