TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2004-08 > 1093143959

From: Terry Reigel <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Sentence for Employment TMG 5.12
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 23:05:59 -0400

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 20:00:54 -0400, Ken Healy wrote:
> Terry,
>
> You are right; the phrase was in the place field. I
> changed it to the memo field, but then I had to modify
> the sentence structure from [M3] to[M1].
>
> How do I know which of the "M" (M1..M9) fields to use?
> Are they all placed in the Memo field? Why would the
> sentence structure use M3 and not M1?

Generally, you would use just plain [M], which is really the same as
[M1]. You use the others if you need to have several separate sections
of the Memo. For example, if you want a different Memo text for the
two Principals, or for the Witnesses. If you need more than one memo
segment, you separate them with double bars ( like || ) in the memo
text. Then you use the appropriate variable -- [M1], [M2], [M3], etc.
-- in the sentences to refer to the correct section.

If you imported from UFT, you many have some of these variables in
your sentences because of the way the import works. Don't change the
existing ones until you understand the implications, but there is no
need to use them in new sentences you construct unless you really need
to have multiple segments.

Terry Reigel

This thread: