TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2004-08 > 1093195129

From: Terry Reigel <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Sentence for Employment TMG 5.12
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 13:18:49 -0400

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 11:19:18 -0400, Ken Healy wrote:
> Terry,
>
> Thanks for the explanation. I think I understand all
> that, but I am still confused as to why the default
> sentence would use [M3] rather than [M].

You're welcome.

Actually, [M3] is not the default sentence, which you can demonstrate
by creating a new project or dataset and looking at the sentence for
the Employment tag there. It's:

[P] <was|and [PO] were> employed <by [M]> <[D]> <[L]>

If you are seeing [M3] in your dataset, either it's been edited
manually, or more likely, is the result of an import from another
program. It's my understanding that imports from UFT use this format
in some cases, for reasons I don't know about but could perhaps be
explained by one of our ex-UFT users.

Terry

This thread: