TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2004-08 > 1093197906

From: Darrell Martin <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Sentence for Employment TMG 5.12
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 13:05:06 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Hi, Terry:

You are correct about M2, M3, etc. often being artifacts of a UFT import. It has something to do with UFT using a particular field for different meanings in different contexts. GenBridge apparently handles the conversion best when it is consistent about putting the field contents in (for example) M3, when one meaning is intended, even when there is no M1 for that particular event/Tag. The reason is that there *might* also be M1 contents in another Tag of the same type, and it is much easier to create a default sentence for the Tag type. Or something along those lines, as I recall....

Darrell M.
a former UFT refugee