TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2004-10 > 1097674575

From: bob gillis <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Tmg on celeron
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 09:38:12 -0400

Teresa Ghee Elliott wrote:

> I am looking at possibly getting a larger laptop. I can get a Celeron for
> about $400 cheaper than a Pentium 4. I have always ran TMG on a Pentium.
> Does anyone have experience with running it on a Celeron. Also, is there
> anyone using a hyper threading machine and did you notice any speed
> difference over a non-hyper threading machine?

I have been looking into a new desk top and also am seriously
considering the Dell Dimension 3000 with the Celeron Processor, 512 Mb
RAM, 40 GB HD, 48x CD Burner DVD Combo (only $39 more that burner alone
and WIN XP Home. No monitor, have two fairly new ones, no speakers,
have them and I will reinstall MS Home Office 2000.

My daughter just bought a refurbished Dell Inspiron 8600 at a very good
price. She also got a 20% discount that has expired.

Look at them on-line and watch for discounts and rebates.

> Plus will I notice a big difference in speed over 512 MB of memory
vs.
> 1GB?

A fast Hard Drive is more important for TMG.

bob gillis

This thread: