TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2004-10 > 1098319019

From: "Stuart Armstrong" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Tmg on celeron
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 18:36:59 -0600

Earlier I commented that my Celeron runs TMG fast. I was mistaken. My _Centrino_ runs TMG fast. The processor is quite capable, and it clocks down when not in demand to save battery.

I used to seldom run on battery, because battery time was so limited. But now that the battery time (nearly 5 hours typical) is reasonable, I have found many uses for autonomy. Add a Verizon card and GPS and oh what a toy!

I'm running 512MB RAM, but insisted on 1 Ram chip so the remaining slot will allow me to upgrade to 1GB Ram later. So far, I haven't felt the need, even with a large database and running several applications at once.

Take a look at your screen size, too. TMG needs a lot of screen real estate if you want to see everything at once, so a resolution of say 1400 X 1050 is very handy.

Stuart Armstrong