TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2004-10 > 1098571113

From: "Linda Lambert" <>
Subject: RE: [TMG] Tmg on celeron
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 15:38:57 -0700

Thanks much for the 2ยข......

Linda

-----Original Message-----
From: David T. Oliver [mailto:]
Sent: Saturday, October 23, 2004 3:33 PM
Subject: FW: [TMG] Tmg on celeron

I have resisted entering into this discussion, but I thought I would add my
2 cents

There is NO SUCH THING AS A CENTRINO CPU! When Intel refers to CENTRINO
they are referring to the Pentium M CPU (an improved Pentium III that has
nothing directly to do with the P4) coupled with the Intel 855 chipset and
wireless/network support. The Pentium M is a great CPU and works well in
laptops (especially when coupled with the Centrino parts). TMG is a power
hungry program which requires adequate CPU power, memory, Hard Drive speed,
and system architecture. Any recently purchased computer with adequate
memory that is running Windows XP will run TMG acceptably. I imagine that
the majority of problems people are having with TMG have nothing to do with
TMG itself, but rather from underpowered PCs, spy-ware, viruses, improperly
configured operating systems, and no system maintenance. I build and fix
computers as a hobby and I amazed by what people consider to be OK
performance. Between spyware and lack of maintenance, most old machines
(3-6 years old) are usually reduced to a nearly unusable condition. Spyware
has probably sold more new computers than all the computer advertising on
TV!

Happy Computing,
Dave Oliver