TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2004-12 > 1102262212

From: "Carol Hall" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Cautionary Tale on Date Inputing
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2004 07:56:52 -0800

As a "mere" American, I also write the date using the dd Mmm yyyy format. I started going against the cultural grain when I started doing genealogy and realized that it made more sense to me this way. I've never had anyone give me a problem about it, even when I use this format on the checks I write and legal documents I sign.

As to why everyone doesn't.... It's a matter of personal preference and habit.

Carol Thatcher Hall
Kent WA
On 12/5/2004 at 3:48 PM Phil. Warn wrote:

>Hi Ron,
>As a "mere" Brit, I always enter all my date using the DD AAA DDDD format
>using the natural abbreviation of the first three letters of the month.
>Thereby I avoid the problem of the North Americans being out of steps with
>Europe and Australasia (and Africa, I think.)
>Why does not every body use this? <grin>

This thread: