TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2004-12 > 1102268145

Subject: Re: [TMG] Cautionary Tale on Date Inputing
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 12:35:45 EST

Some one wondered why Americans don't use the same date designations as
Europeans. One could also wonder why we don't all, both Europeans, Americans and
Asians use the 24 hour clock and get rid of the confusing AM and PM
designations. Why do a lot of Europeans write a 7 with a line across the vertical
while most Americans, that is North Americans, not Mexicans, write the 7 as I
have it. Why don't we all accept Day Light Savings time? Or say, why don't all
North Americans speak English or French or Spanish or maybe Esparanto or some
other universal language. Or better yet, why don't all of YOU just make life
so much easier for ME, by writing dates as 01 Jan 2001; write 7 , use the 24
hour clock (left over from the Navy) and speak English like I do.-Dale

This thread: