TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2004-12 > 1102300600

From: Dennis Lee Bieber <>
Subject: <snicker> Re: [TMG] OT- 'mobile scanning'
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2004 18:36:40 -0800

On or about 12/05/04 09:14 a carrier pigeon from Peggy Baldwin delivered:
>I, personnally have not had great results with my digital camera, which is a
>500 megapixel, but others seem to do better, or not be as exacting. I'm not

I do hope you meant 5.0 MP... 500MP would be using a sensor about
(assuming .25" on a side for common cameras) 2.5x2.5" -> IE, bigger than a
35mm film frame. Let's see, my 4MP camera produces compressed files of
2MB... So you'd be working with a compressed data file of 200MB <G>

--
> | Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber KD6MOG <
> | Bestiaria Support Staff <
> Home Page: <http://bieberd.home.netcom.com/>; <