TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2004-12 > 1103232474

From: "Jim Byram" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Assigning Mouse Wheel Click to F3
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 16:27:56 -0500

Andrew wrote:

> I'm not sure if they are still made but I bought such a keyboard when I
> worked in Canada, some ten years ago. The label reads "OmniKey Ultra by
> Northgate Computer Systems".

This keyboard has the best keyswitches ever made. I have several downstairs
if anyone is interested... the one that I used and a couple more that I
picked up at the MIT flea market as backups. They don't have the Microsoft
keys and use the old-style keyboard connector and need an (standard) adaptor
to connect to the PS-2 port.

Virginia said:

> I believe the Avant Stellar was patterned after the Northgate with the
> same look and feel.

A clone of the Northgate designed by the same engineers and that uses the
same keyswitches and costs an arm and a leg.

Just got in a keyboard with illuminated keys to use while working on TMG in
the middle of the night.

Got this terrible keyboard addiction... Need help badly. <g>

Jim

This thread: