TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2004-12 > 1104172670

From: Dennis Lee Bieber <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] purchasing TMG6
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 10:37:50 -0800

On or about 12/27/04 10:07 a carrier pigeon from delivered:

>Do I need to pay twice for TMG6 -
>
>laptop ('98) has tmg 5.15 which I want to uprade to TMG6 -
>
>new desk top (XP) just arrived and I want to install TMG6 -
>
>how can I have TMG6 on both without paying twice -
>
>Can I upgrade from 5.15 and also order cd-rom of TMG6 for one price -

Presuming WG's hasn't changed their policy on multiple
personal-use installs (is it two, or three, if not used simultaneously?)...

Order the CD and download the /full/ installer (it will take a few
hours on dial-up, being 38MB).

Don't run the TMG5 "auto-update" function; backup your data,
uninstall TMG 5, install TMG 6... apply unlock code you received in the mail.

Copy installer to the other machine, run it, apply same unlock code.

Or, use the TMG 5 installers (if you've been doing all incremental
installs since 5.11, you should have a lot of TMGxxxyyy installer files) to
install TMG5 on the new machine, using the old unlock code.

Let one copy perform the "auto-update", downloading just the short
delta-patch file. Go online to pay for the new code (and order the CD).
Then copy this shorter patch to the other machine and run it.

The trick with the update patches is that both machines must be at
the exact same version level.

--
> | Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber KD6MOG <
> | Bestiaria Support Staff <