TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2005-04 > 1112708819

From: "Linda K" <>
Subject: RE: [TMG] Why are local sentences bad?
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 08:46:59 -0500

Hello Darrell,

You wrote:
[snip]
> I started with Roots III (actually a GEDCOM transfer from a CP/M program)
> and I *never* modified any sentences in Roots III, Roots IV, or UFT
> through ver. 3. (I don't recall if Roots III or IV even allowed for it,
> but either way, I didn't do it.) I always added information using a
> "Biography" Tag when there was more to say.
>
> My obsession with global sentences is deeply Roots-ed [grin].

I started with FTM 1.0 for DOS (ack) then moved to R3 where one could only
have (IIRC) a total of 7 or 8 "tags" including BMDB and there was no
sentence to modify. I purchased (but never used) R4, R5 and Family
Gathering; the next program I purchased and actually used was UFT. It was
such a breath of fresh air after R3 that I really did go a bit bonkers with
local sentence modifications.

Maybe I should just say that local sentences were bad in UFT and leave it at
that. <VBG>

Linda

This thread: