TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2005-04 > 1112727504

From: Judith Lipmanson <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Use of special TMG features
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 14:58:31 -0400

Neil:

I can certainly understand why you did what you did to synchronize your
files with your daughter's, but as a matter of rule, I'd vote no. For us
to forego the flexibility of TMG for the convenience of future
generations is reducing everything to the lowest common denominator. I'd
suggest that we look for an improved export format that can accomodate
TMG's advanced features intelligently.

Judith

Neil Bell wrote:
> Gordon Banks wrote:
>
>> One thing that worries me about using TMG with all the customizations
>> I've made is that one day Bob will retire and the "Microsoft" of
>> genealogy will buy TMG and kill it. I'm sure they would offer more than
>> anyone else who would plan to keep the program around in competition
>> with their FTM junk.

This thread: