TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2005-04 > 1113434768

From: Lee Hoffman <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Wish List
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 19:28:58 -0400

Fran Anderson wrote:
>I'd think the number of people vs number of places depends a lot on how much
>the people moved around. Teresa's people didn't move as much as mine, who
>seemed to have itchy feet and often moved from state to state or across
>country, or from country to country. (I've got 1410 places for 3015 people,
>much the same as Barbara's.)

To a great extent, you are right. But, as the number of people
significantly increase, the number of places also increase. Small data
sets (we're probably talking less than about 5,000) will probably vary
widely as to the number of places. But larger data sets will usually have
a large number of places that grows at a lesser rate than the number of
persons because the larger number of people will tend to concentrate in the
same places.

Lee Hoffman/KY
TMG Tips: <http://www.tmgtips.com>;