TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2005-07 > 1121979506

From: bob gillis <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Sharing Information
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 16:58:26 -0400

Linda M. Towne wrote:

>hello.
> I was wondering what was the best 'report' to use to share information on a branch with another researcher. I'm hoping to output all of the information I have on a couple and their descendants to a paper copy that I can send to a cousin in that line so we can compare notes.
> I've never output any information from TMG before since I'm still inputting so this is new ground for me.

I would use use a Custom Journal Descendants Report where in your case I
put my ID's and all Tags. I make Unique Endnotes and a name index. I
put the End Notes with sureties and the Index in separate binders to
make going back and forth from the narrative to the notes or index
easier. An indented Narrative would probably work as well.

I just made one for about 385 people similar to the above but without
ID's. I may take you a few passes to get the notes reading the way you
want them.

Another way is to make a FGS for every person in your common data set
with children. If you can write the FGS's to a CD, then the cousin can
print out what ones she wants and perhaps fill in missing info.

bob gillis

This thread: