TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2005-07 > 1122323712

From: "Teresa Elliott" <>
Subject: RE: [TMG] Using languages to get rid of that sentence. :)
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 15:35:12 -0500

Good points Terry. Since I never localize sentences, I forget about the
problems that can create. <G> When you do update the tutorial, you might
want to add that one can change this sentence using the language feature,
under certain circumstances. It would be nice if TMG had a code that could
be used when a language doesn't want to use a sentence or phrase at all. (I
have other instances where I have needed this, and I just put in DO NOT USE)

I have been using the language feature a lot to customize TMG. Most of what
I have done isn't necessary, I just like it, and is way beyond the basic
users needs. But it's fun to play with it as long as you know that you have
to be careful. Changing a phrase to something totally different may read
right in one place and totally off in another place. Plus you have to
remember not to tell someone to look at the CREATE A TAG window, when TMG
calls it the CUSTOM window. <G>

Teresa Ghee Elliott All links start with
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~rutherfordcemetery and then add

Rutherford Co., TN cemeteries: see above

TMG sentence structures: /TMG.html

Descendants of James Edde of Bedford County, TN /EDDE/index.htm