TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2005-09 > 1127619151

From: "John Davis" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Ages
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 20:34:14 -0700

Thinking about it, I guess I was bitten by the family history bug by listening to the many stories my parents and uncles used to tell about the old days back in Missouri, and how our family came to locate in the Christian County area, coming out from Tennessee, in-laws and outlaws together, apparently about seventy of them, altogether.

I especially remember my dad relating how they had to cross the Mississippi on large rafts. It was a dangerous crossing, and not without mishaps. My father related how my grandfather, being only a small boy, and unable to swim, fell off a raft and drowned. He said that everything worked out okay, though, because he had a twin that survived. Otherwise, I we wouldn't even be here.

John Davis

This thread: