TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2005-10 > 1128784485

From: Andy Davidson <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Asking for Help and "Challenge/Response" SPAM Blockers
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 08:14:45 -0700

On Fri, Oct 07, 2005 at 10:40:47AM -0400, Terry Reigel wrote:

> Some users have adopted one of the so-called "Challenge/Response"
> SPAM Blockers, which block all incoming mail that's not from known
> addresses. No doubt they are effective at blocking undesired mail, but
> they also can block mail you want.

Oh my, yes! These blockers are the devil's spawn. I had an email
exchange with Dick Eastman a while back about them, since he uses one
and he was quite surprised to find that anyone objected to them. [I
did reply to his, since I wanted the original message to go through,
but he is the only one for whom I've done that.]

I wonder what would happen if someone who uses this sends email to
someone else who also uses it? Would they end up in dueling replies?
:-)

andy

--
Andy
If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything.

This thread: