TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2005-10 > 1128784485

From: Andy Davidson <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Asking for Help and "Challenge/Response" SPAM Blockers
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 08:14:45 -0700

On Fri, Oct 07, 2005 at 10:40:47AM -0400, Terry Reigel wrote:
> Some users have adopted one of the so-called "Challenge/Response"
> SPAM Blockers, which block all incoming mail that's not from known
> addresses. No doubt they are effective at blocking undesired mail, but
> they also can block mail you want.

Oh my, yes! These blockers are the devil's spawn. I had an email
exchange with Dick Eastman a while back about them, since he uses one
and he was quite surprised to find that anyone objected to them. [I
did reply to his, since I wanted the original message to go through,
but he is the only one for whom I've done that.]

I wonder what would happen if someone who uses this sends email to
someone else who also uses it? Would they end up in dueling replies?

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything.

This thread: