TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2005-10 > 1128952162

From: Terry Reigel <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Asking for Help and "Challenge/Response" SPAM Blockers
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 09:49:22 -0400

On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 11:44:25 -0400, Richard Cleaveland wrote:

> As a different approach to Terry's I use such a system
> with the philosophy that if a sender cares if I receive
> the message (which presumably took a few minutes to
> prepare and send) they will take the minute or so to
> respond.

Dick - That seems like a logical assumption. But if you have followed
the previous threads here on this topic you would see that those that
routinely respond to user queries who responded unanimously reported
that they did not.

I did so once, and found it didn't take just a minute. In fact, I as
not successful in responding. Turns out the blocking system vendor
required cookies be allowed, and it's poorly designed system failed to
say that and also failed to provide any useful error message.

Having invested time in preparing a response, I'm not about to invest
any more time in such nonsense. The person who asked the question will
eventually find my response or not; it's entirely up to them. <g>

Terry Reigel

This thread: