TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2006-01 > 1137347843

From: "Teresa Elliott" <>
Subject: RE: [TMG] Truth Again
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 11:57:23 -0600

So? Let's say that it is true that Person A was the father of person B. We
have a birth certificate that states that Person C is the father of B, B
believed that C was his father, and C raised B. Then D, feels a need to
stir up trouble by telling E that A is really B's father. There is no way
at this point to prove it other than D's hearsay. D could be mistaken, or D
could have the information correct. When F, the future descendant, starts
doing genealogy, all they are going to find is the birth certificate that
states C is the father. They are going to talk to D's son who is going to
say that C is his grandfather, and B's death certificate that states B was
the father. They are going to wonder where you got the information on A and
they are going to search for years and years trying to find proof of A when
no actually exists. Believe me, I have had lines like this, and it can
drive a genealogist crazy.

Teresa Ghee Elliott-IBSSG