TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2006-02 > 1140888206

From: Terry Reigel <>
Subject: RE: [TMG] Sentence question
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 12:23:26 -0500

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 10:52:32 -0600, Cheryl Freeman wrote:
> Hi Terry,
>
> This is getting clearer, and I thank you. I have been
> experimenting. I created Secondsi language tags for my
> BMDB events, and edited the 2ndsite.ini file to change
> SS1 to Secondsi. I made a site, but the site only has
> BMDB events on it. Presumably because I have no
> sentences in Secondsi language for all the other tags?

I don't think so - when there are no sentences in the language, TMG
uses the default sentences from English (US) - I was assuming SS does
the same. I'll have to test to see if it's different.

> Do I have to copy all my sentences from English (U.S.) to
> Secondsi in the tag edit screen? I use roles, so that
> would be a major undertaking...! Hoping there is an
> easier way :)

If you have to copy them, I believe you can do that with TMG Utility.
You export the sentences from English US, then import them back, but
to your custom language. As I recall, this gets the roles and all. But
you don't want to do that unless SS requires it because it means that
you will have to then maintain any changes in both languages.

Terry

This thread: