TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2006-03 > 1141559661

From: Robin Lamacraft <>
Subject: RE: [TMG] Ancestor Box Chart does not create copy in VCF
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2006 22:24:21 +1030

Jill,

I have just tried this operation out using the US Sample project, with
output to file of type VC2.

So I question what you are doing. The blank VCF screen flashes up while
the chart file is being created and on completion the VCF screen and
taskbar entry disappear.

So it come to the question - How are you trying view the chart which has
been formed? If you use Windows Explorer to locate the file (which should
exist and have a non-zero size) and then double-click that entry or "open
with" what will happen is the empty VCF screen will open.

If that is what you are doing and seeing nothing, that is normal. There is
a bug in VCF which has been reported for a long time that does not seem
easy to fix. Double-clicking a file entry in Windows Explorer will not open
a VC2 file, it only opens VCF screen, but you *then* need to use File >
Open in VCF to actually read and view that VC2 chart file.

Robin Lamacraft (Adelaide, Australia)

This thread: