TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2006-03 > 1141651544

From: "John Cardinal" <>
Subject: RE: [TMG] TMG 6.07 AND TMG Utility 5.1
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 08:25:44 -0500

JimBev wrote:
> Just as a suggestion - and I am only a user - not the person
> who made the Utility program, I was wondering if there is
> something wrong with the "Log only" switch and whether it's
> ticked or not it does not change the program.
> Purely a suggestion

Jim,

I don't see any evidence to suggest that something is wrong with the Log
Only function. In the last results you posted, Log Only was _not_ ticked,
and the results do not match what you see in TMG. Furthermore, I looked at
the source code and tested here and Log Only seems to be implemented
properly for this function.

The difference between what you see in TMG and what TMG Utility reports is
not subtle. That suggests that there is some basic problem. Two
possibilities:

1) You are using two different projects, one with TMG, and a different one
with TMG Utility. That happens now and again, as users make a copy of their
project (as instructed) and then use the backup with TMG Utility and the
live project with TMG. From the logs you've posted, TMG Utility is using
"C:\Program Files\The Master Genealogist\projects\TMGJIMBEV_.pjc". Is that
the same project you are using with TMG?

2) It's possible that there is something unusual about the styles that don't
show up in TMG Utility. Specifically, TMG Utility ignores styles are
designated as belonging to all datasets in a project. that is not a setting
users can manipulate, but perhaps it got set somehow.

Please verify that the problem isn't number 1. If it isn't, I may ask you to
send me a copy of the project. Do not send it now. I am on a business trip
with poor access to e-mail and don't want to receive any large attachments
today.

John

This thread: