TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2006-03 > 1142134078

From: Dennis Lee Bieber <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] UFT to TMG
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 19:27:58 -0800

On or about 3/11/2006 06:11 PM a carrier pigeon from delivered:

>Well, here is the situation....my pc cashed, I had to send it back in to get
>the screen replaced (back light went out). Before I sent it in, I had a pc
>friend copy my files and we did not do a back up of UFT, only copied
>the files
>and project to a CD. So now I went in and tried to reinstall the
>"pro" on UFT
>program when I received my pc back. It went in. Everything looks okay, but
>it doesn't always save it back to UFT because it was a copy or something. I
>finally was able to open it off the back up cd. "Pro" and then it
>didn't save
>it in UFT project file, but because it shows the last project worked
>on in the
>file menu, I am able to click on that to open the project. But it doesn't
>show up in the "Open" project box.

If you are getting files from a backup CD, they may be
getting restored with a "read-only" attribute. You may have to copy
them from the CD to regular drive, select all files in the project,
right-click, PROPERTIES, and uncheck the read-only...

--
> | Dennis Lee Bieber <
> Home Page: <http://home.earthlink.net/~bieber.genealogy>; <

This thread: