TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2006-03 > 1142179135

From: bob gillis <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] OneWorldTree Citation
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 10:58:55 -0500

Sue, you should have conditional brackets around [COMPILER] and
[AUTHOR], because WorldConnect doesn't have an AUTHOR.

I can't see how the person who made this template for WG got compiler
and author from the example in Evidence.

Mill's in Evidence says in footnote 18, "Ideal citation styles for
materials distributed on line but not published in paper form are yet to
be decided".

bob gillis

Sue Hilton wrote:

>I don't know what the best way to cite the information is but this is the
>way that I have cited OneWorldTree:
>
>I used the source type of Electronic Database (Family File). My full
>footnote is:
>
>[COMPILER], online [URL], [AUTHOR] ([LOCATION])<, downloaded [DATE]><,
>
>Short footnote:
>
>[COMPILER]<, [DATE]><, [CD]>.
>
>Bibliography:
>
>COMPILER]. Online [URL], [AUTHOR]. [LOCATION]<. Text downloaded [DATE]>.
>
>- Sue -

This thread: