TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2006-03 > 1142233115

From: "Joan Thomas" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] unwanted carriage return
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 22:59:25 -0800
References: <000f01c643d3$4832ff60$0ed25a42@mrmartin> <000201c643d6$d2045740$1136bd43@had1.or.comcast.net> <000201c643db$ba156160$1136bd43@had1.or.comcast.net> <7.0.0.16.2.20060309213828.049596f8@acm.org> <000301c64579$9fa6b5a0$1136bd43@had1.or.comcast.net> <7.0.0.16.2.20060312185339.04986ca0@acm.org> <006b01c6464b$f9592ba0$1136bd43@had1.or.comcast.net> <7.0.0.16.2.20060312230943.0489a818@acm.org>

My line of text that had the possible carriage return filled the entire
line, ending with a month and day followed by a comma and what appears to be
one space. The next line shows the year. In order to see if there was a
carriage return I had to remove one word from the first line of text and see
what happened to the year.... if it moved up to the previous line then no
carriage return. If it stayed put (on the second line) it was evident that
there had been a carriage return. I'm sorry I brought this up at all, but
the fact is both conditions look identical. The implication that it should
have been obvious I'm sure was meant to be helpful, but it only made me feel
extremely stupid.

Joan