TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2006-03 > 1142428706

From: Lee Hoffman <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Rearranging BMDB in Journal Reports
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 08:18:26 -0500

Sharon Callanan wrote:
>1. Can BMDB events be rearranged in the TMG v6.07 journal reports? I
>would like to have the events reported as BDBM with the spouse's
>events immediately after rather than as a separate paragraph. (See
>examples of Current Report and Desired Report.)

No. But the BMDB paragraph can be eliminated and merged with the
other events (Tags). In the [Options] window, Miscellaneous tab,
de-select the "BMDB in a separate paragraph" option. The resulting
paragraph will be similar to what you would see in an Individual
Narrative report. That is, there will be one single paragraph
arranged in chronological order. Naturally if you have modified your
Sentence Structures to include carriage return "[:CR:]" codes then
there will appear to be multiple paragraphs.

>2. How can I replace the periods after events with semicolons?

Generate the report to your word processor output and then edit the
report replacing the periods with semi-colons.

>3. How can I eliminate the word "on" before dates?

You can control the preposition used with dates by adjusting the
Tag/Witness Sentences. Where the Date variable [D] is enclosed
within the Conditional markers "< >" (e.g., "<[D]>"), change that
entry to "< [D]>" -- that is, add one space following the first angle.

>4. Can the language be edited so that months 5 lettters or less be
>spelled out and the other months be abbreviated?

No, you may select (on the Dates tab of the Report Definition Screen
[Options] window) to have all months spelled out or accept the three
letter abbreviation. Of course, as with everything else, you could
edit the results in your word processor.

Hope this helps -

Lee Hoffman/KY
TMG Tips: <http://www.tmgtips.com>;