TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2006-03 > 1143042631

From: "Bill Teschek" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Selecting places from the picklist when adding to tag info
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 10:50:31 -0500

Okay, that at least makes some sense, although I still think there
has to be a better way. I'd really like to be able to see the full
MPL when I press F2, sorted by the level from which I pressed F2, but
listing each specific place rather than lumping them together the way
it does. As you say below, if you have two places that are identical
in the L1 through L10 fields, but differ in the short name or date
fields, there is no way to select which one you want from the
picklist. If you've got a database with some good, full records with
dates and comments, and some that are otherwise identical but haven't
been upgraded to full records (perhaps they were imported from
another source) then you have no way to pick between the two. Is
there any hope of a future enhancement to rectify this problem? How
about when clicking on a place with more than one in the frequency
column it brings up a second picklist with the full information on
each, including short name, dates and comments?

Bill Teschek