TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2006-03 > 1143245919

From: "Astrid Kranzbuhler" <>
Subject: RE: [TMG] Sentences
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 11:18:39 +1100

Lee wrote:
> Carol is speaking here of the print-out having <FARIAL> or <FTIMES
> NEW ROMAN> or some other <F......> text printing. If this is what is
> printed, then this is _not_ a Variable or Printer Code in
> TMG. Instead, it is the sign that the word processor cannot find the
> named font installed in Windows. As Terry mentioned, there is an
> article on my web site discussing this (see URL below).

Hi Lee,
just a comment:

I don't remember specifics but, while it often is a Windows font problem, I
have seen it on (rare) occasions that I had such entries in reports, only to
find I had a 'typo' in a variable in the sentence construction. Fixing the
typo then also fixed the <FARIAL> (or whatever) in the output.

Please don't ask how or why <G>

Astrid

This thread: