TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2006-03 > 1143406342

From: "Mark Pepall" <>
Subject: RE: [TMG] Wish List - Sources
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 21:52:22 +0100

Not my best subject but here goes!

14 core groups, better called "source element groups" I assumed there were
14 because of the 14 spaces on the general tab of the "source definition
screen"
so I counted them on the help pages, so 30 "source element groups".

And yes click on one of the 14 buttons and the "source elements" pick list
appears, this I would like to sort into "group order" because I think that
would help me choose/create a more specific label for my source template.
When you select an element group your next choice does not include that
element group, I'd not noticed that before, clever.

I now know that if you do not add your "source element" choice to an output
template, spelt correctly, before "OK" they vanish, learnt the hard way.
What dictates the order they appear on the general tab, not alphabetical or
linked to the output templates, is it what, who, when, where, etc. nice to
know in the help files or better still let us select the order for logical
data entry.

I'm not so knowledgeable to have thought much beyond that but what about a
"transfer to template" or "reset" button, one for each output type, to
automatically put the elements on the general tab into the output templates
in the order they appear, with conditional brackets, with of course one of
those "are you absolutely sure" warnings. The user can then cut/paste and
add bits to achieve the required output.

So my basic wish is to change the "source element" list from one to 30
individual lists so the same word could be use twice. I would have liked to
add "Testator" to the "Author" group for my will source but it is already
used in the "Subject" group.

Hope this better explains my wish.
Mark