TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2006-03 > 1143831629

From: "Teresa Elliott" <>
Subject: RE: [TMG] Wish List - selective turn-on of Witness tags
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 13:05:58 -0600

Judith,
I am not real sure what the problem is as I haven't been following it that
closely, but a history tag SHOULD show in the window of a person who is
attached to it as a witness. I guess I don't see why it's a problem to have
his other witnessed events. I always have them show. But TMG utility should
be able to change the tag for you. I haven't checked but I think it will
change a History tag to an OTHER tag.

Then you could attach him as P1 and it would solve your problem.
In this case, I think I would use a custom tag and put the text in the memo
field. I use History tags for tags where I want to attach people who are
related to the event (IE Military unit) but aren't in any way related to
each other. IT's possible they were in the same unit, but never knew each
other, whereas someone selling property to another person was at least
acquainted to that person for a short time even if it was only at closing.

Teresa Ghee Elliott-IBSSG
TMG sentences
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~rutherfordcemetery/TMG%20census%20t
emplates/TMG.html