TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2006-04 > 1144095424

Subject: Re: [TMG] Data set question -- I wanna lump
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 20:17:04 +0000

From: bob gillis <>
> Karen Rhodes wrote:

> >One per household, which is dictated by the citation
> >format I've learned.
> >

> Elizabeth Shown Mills' Evidence example of a Census Citation does have
> one citation per household. The only time this type of citation is
> "dictated" is in work submitted for certification as a CG.

I think you may have misunderstood my meaning, or I didn't state my thinking plainly. I meant that FOR MY PURPOSES the format I am using is controlling of the fact that I'm using one census source per household instead of per county or other division. I simply meant that in my case function follows form because I choose for it to.

I didn't mean to imply that anyone's system -- Mills, or the National Genealogical Society, or the NEHGS or whoever -- dictates how we should do our own work.

In that, we have our own choice and work with what suits us best.

Karen Rhodes

This thread: